International Journal of Research in Marketing: Advancing Marketing Knowledge Globally
The International Journal of Research in Marketing: Advancing Marketing Knowledge
Marketing plays a crucial role in today’s dynamic and competitive business landscape. As businesses strive to understand consumer behavior, develop effective marketing strategies, and stay ahead of the curve, the need for cutting-edge research and insights becomes increasingly important. The International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) stands at the forefront of advancing marketing knowledge by providing a platform for rigorous and impactful research.
IJRM is a prestigious academic journal that publishes high-quality research papers, conceptual articles, and reviews, covering a wide range of marketing topics. Established in 1983, it has become a leading resource for scholars, practitioners, and policymakers seeking to stay informed about the latest developments in marketing theory and practice.
One of the key strengths of IJRM lies in its commitment to excellence. The journal follows a rigorous peer-review process that ensures the publication of only top-tier research. Each submission undergoes thorough evaluation by experts in the field who assess its originality, methodological rigor, theoretical contribution, and practical implications. This stringent review process guarantees that only the most impactful studies make it to publication.
IJRM covers diverse areas within the field of marketing, including consumer behavior, brand management, advertising effectiveness, pricing strategies, market segmentation, digital marketing, social media marketing, and more. By encompassing such a broad spectrum of topics, IJRM provides valuable insights into various aspects of marketing theory and practice.
Furthermore, IJRM fosters interdisciplinary collaboration by encouraging researchers from different disciplines to contribute their expertise to understanding marketing phenomena. This interdisciplinary approach enriches the journal’s content by bringing together diverse perspectives and methodologies.
In addition to its academic contributions, IJRM also serves as a valuable resource for practitioners seeking evidence-based insights to inform their decision-making processes. By bridging the gap between academia and industry, IJRM facilitates knowledge transfer and application.
The global reach of IJRM is another aspect that sets it apart. With an international editorial board and a diverse authorship from around the world, the journal captures a wide range of perspectives and experiences. This global outlook enhances the relevance and applicability of the research published in IJRM, making it a truly comprehensive resource for marketing professionals worldwide.
Whether you are an academic researcher seeking to contribute to the advancement of marketing knowledge or a marketing practitioner looking for evidence-based insights, the International Journal of Research in Marketing is an invaluable source of information. By staying abreast of the latest research findings and engaging with the scholarly community, you can enhance your understanding of marketing dynamics and stay ahead in today’s ever-evolving marketplace.
In conclusion, the International Journal of Research in Marketing stands as a beacon for advancing marketing knowledge. Through its commitment to excellence, interdisciplinary collaboration, global reach, and practical relevance, IJRM continues to shape the field of marketing by providing valuable insights that drive innovation and success.
Frequently Asked Questions about the International Journal of Research in Marketing
- What is the scope of International Journal of Research in Marketing?
- How can I find out about current research topics in International Journal of Research in Marketing?
- What are the submission guidelines for International Journal of Research in Marketing?
- Who are the editors for International Journal of Research in Marketing?
- How do I submit an article to International Journal of Research in Marketing?
- What types of articles does International Journal of Research in Marketing publish?
- Are there any fees associated with submitting an article to International Journal of Research in Marketing?
- Is there a specific format that needs to be followed when submitting an article to International Journal of Research in Marketing?
- How often does the journal publish new issues and what is its publication frequency?
What is the scope of International Journal of Research in Marketing?
The International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) has a broad scope that encompasses various areas within the field of marketing. It serves as a platform for researchers and scholars to contribute their insights and findings on a wide range of marketing topics. The scope of IJRM includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Consumer Behavior: Understanding consumer decision-making processes, attitudes, perceptions, motivations, and behaviors.
- Marketing Strategy: Examining the development and implementation of effective marketing strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Brand Management: Investigating brand equity, brand positioning, brand loyalty, and strategies for building and managing strong brands.
- Advertising and Promotion: Exploring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, promotional activities, and communication strategies in influencing consumer behavior.
- Pricing Strategies: Analyzing pricing decisions, pricing models, price elasticity, price promotions, and their impact on consumer response.
- Market Segmentation: Identifying distinct market segments based on demographic, psychographic, or behavioral characteristics for targeted marketing efforts.
- Digital Marketing: Investigating the role of digital channels such as social media, search engine marketing (SEM), search engine optimization (SEO), mobile marketing, and e-commerce in reaching and engaging consumers.
- Marketing Analytics: Utilizing data-driven approaches to analyze marketing performance metrics, customer insights, market trends, and forecasting future outcomes.
- Services Marketing: Examining marketing strategies specific to service industries such as banking, hospitality, healthcare, transportation with a focus on customer experience and relationship management.
- International Marketing: Exploring challenges and opportunities in global markets including cross-cultural differences in consumer behavior and international market entry strategies.
- Social Responsibility and Ethical Issues in Marketing: Investigating ethical considerations in advertising practices, corporate social responsibility initiatives by organizations or societal impacts of marketing activities.
This list provides an overview of the broad scope covered by the International Journal of Research in Marketing. However, it is important to note that the journal remains open to innovative and emerging areas within marketing research, ensuring that it stays at the forefront of advancing marketing knowledge.
How can I find out about current research topics in International Journal of Research in Marketing?
To stay updated on current research topics in the International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM), you can follow these steps:
- Visit the IJRM website: Go to the official website of the International Journal of Research in Marketing. There, you will find information about the journal, its aims and scope, and access to published articles.
- Browse recent issues: Explore the journal’s recent issues section on their website. This will provide you with an overview of the latest research topics covered in IJRM. You can read abstracts or access full-text articles if you have a subscription or purchase access.
- Sign up for alerts: Many academic journals offer email alerts or RSS feeds to keep readers informed about new articles and upcoming issues. Look for an option to sign up for alerts on the IJRM website. By subscribing, you will receive notifications about newly published research papers and special issues.
- Follow IJRM on social media: Check if IJRM has an active presence on social media platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook. By following their accounts, you can receive updates on new publications, calls for papers, and other relevant announcements.
- Join academic networks: Consider joining academic networks like ResearchGate or Academia.edu. These platforms often provide access to preprints and early versions of research articles shared by authors themselves. You may find researchers who have published in IJRM and explore their profiles for their latest work.
- Attend conferences and workshops: Keep an eye out for marketing conferences or workshops where researchers present their work. These events often feature presentations based on recently published studies in journals like IJRM. Attending such events allows you to learn about cutting-edge research directly from the authors themselves.
- Collaborate with researchers: Engage with colleagues and researchers who are actively involved in marketing-related fields or have published in IJRM before. Networking within your academic community can provide valuable insights into current research trends and topics.
Remember, while accessing full-text articles may require a subscription or purchase, abstracts and summaries can still provide you with a good understanding of the research topics covered in IJRM.
What are the submission guidelines for International Journal of Research in Marketing?
The International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) has specific guidelines for submitting research papers. These guidelines ensure that the submission process is smooth and that all manuscripts undergo a fair and rigorous review process. Here are the general submission guidelines for IJRM:
- Scope: Before submitting your paper, ensure that it falls within the scope of IJRM. The journal publishes original research papers, conceptual articles, and reviews related to marketing theory and practice.
- Formatting: Follow the journal’s formatting guidelines to ensure consistency and readability. Typically, IJRM requires manuscripts to be prepared using a specific citation style (e.g., APA or Harvard). Pay attention to font size, line spacing, headings, margins, and referencing style.
- Length: Manuscripts should be concise but comprehensive. While there is no strict word limit, it is recommended to keep your paper between 8,000 and 10,000 words (excluding references).
- Title and Abstract: Provide a clear and informative title that accurately reflects the content of your research. Additionally, include an abstract of around 150-250 words summarizing the objectives, methods, key findings, and implications of your study.
- Introduction: Begin your manuscript with an introduction that outlines the research problem or question being addressed and provides relevant background information on the topic.
- Methodology: Clearly describe the research design, data collection methods, sample size, sampling techniques (if applicable), and any statistical analyses employed in your study.
- Results: Present your findings in a logical manner using tables, figures or charts where appropriate. Ensure that you interpret the results accurately without overgeneralizing or misrepresenting them.
- Discussion: Analyze and interpret your results in relation to existing literature while highlighting their theoretical contributions and practical implications. Discuss any limitations of your study as well as avenues for future research.
- Conclusion: Summarize the main findings of your study and reiterate their significance. Avoid introducing new information or repeating what has already been discussed.
- References: Include a comprehensive list of references cited in your manuscript using the prescribed citation style. Ensure that all sources are properly cited and formatted.
- Supplementary Materials: If applicable, provide any supplementary materials (e.g., datasets, questionnaires) that support your research findings.
- Submission Process: Manuscripts should be submitted online through the journal’s submission portal or via email as per the specific instructions provided on the journal’s website.
It is important to note that these guidelines may vary slightly, so it is advisable to consult the IJRM website or the specific call for papers for any additional requirements or updates before submitting your manuscript. Following these guidelines will increase the chances of your research being considered for publication in the International Journal of Research in Marketing.
Who are the editors for International Journal of Research in Marketing?
The editors of the International Journal of Research in Marketing are:
Professor Rajendra Srivastava, Indian School of Business, India
Professor Jean-Claude Usunier, HEC Lausanne, Switzerland
Professor V. Kumar, Georgia State University, USA
Professor David Reibstein, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Professor Praveen Kopalle, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, USA
Professor Jörg Henseler, Tilburg University, Netherlands
7. Professor Udo Wagner, Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU), Austria
How do I submit an article to International Journal of Research in Marketing?
Submitting an article to the International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) involves following a specific process. Here are the general steps to submit your article:
- Familiarize yourself with the journal’s guidelines: Visit the IJRM website or the journal’s submission portal to review their guidelines for authors. Pay attention to formatting requirements, word limits, citation style, and other important instructions.
- Prepare your manuscript: Ensure that your article adheres to the journal’s guidelines. This includes structuring it properly with an abstract, introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion sections. Make sure your research is original and contributes significantly to the field of marketing.
- Register and create an account: If you haven’t done so already, create an account on the IJRM submission portal or any other platform specified by the journal for manuscript submission. This will enable you to track your submission and receive updates on its progress.
- Submit your manuscript: Follow the instructions provided on the submission portal to upload your manuscript. You may be required to provide information such as author names, affiliations, contact details, and a cover letter explaining the significance of your research.
- Review process: Once submitted, your manuscript will go through a rigorous peer-review process. Experts in the field will evaluate its quality, originality, methodology, and contribution to marketing knowledge. The review process can take several weeks or months depending on various factors.
- Revise and resubmit (if necessary): If revisions are requested by reviewers or editors after initial evaluation, carefully address their comments and suggestions in a timely manner. Make sure to clearly explain how you have addressed each comment in your revised manuscript.
- Acceptance and publication: If your manuscript successfully passes through peer review and meets all necessary criteria set by IJRM, you will receive an acceptance notification from the journal’s editorial team. Your article will then be scheduled for publication in an upcoming issue.
It is important to note that the specific submission process and guidelines may vary slightly between journals. Therefore, it is essential to consult the IJRM website or the journal’s submission portal for detailed and up-to-date instructions on how to submit your article.
What types of articles does International Journal of Research in Marketing publish?
The International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) publishes a wide range of articles that contribute to the advancement of marketing knowledge. These articles can be categorized into the following types:
- Research Papers: IJRM publishes original empirical research papers that provide new insights into marketing phenomena. These papers typically follow a rigorous research design, employ robust methodologies, and present findings that contribute to the existing body of knowledge in marketing.
- Conceptual Articles: IJRM welcomes conceptual articles that present new theoretical frameworks, models, or conceptualizations in marketing. These articles offer innovative perspectives and theoretical advancements that help shape the understanding of marketing concepts and phenomena.
- Literature Reviews: IJRM publishes systematic literature reviews that critically analyze and synthesize existing research on specific topics within marketing. These reviews provide comprehensive overviews of the current state of knowledge, identify research gaps, and suggest future directions for research.
- Methodological Articles: IJRM encourages methodological articles that address methodological challenges and advancements in marketing research. These articles focus on developing or refining research methods, measurement scales, experimental designs, statistical techniques, or other methodological tools relevant to studying marketing phenomena.
- Commentaries: IJRM welcomes commentaries that offer critical reflections or alternative viewpoints on previously published work. Commentaries stimulate scholarly debate and provide additional insights or perspectives on important topics within the field of marketing.
- Book Reviews: IJRM occasionally publishes book reviews that evaluate recently published books relevant to marketing theory or practice. These reviews provide readers with an overview of the book’s content, highlight its strengths and weaknesses, and offer critical assessments.
It is important to note that all article types published in IJRM undergo a rigorous peer-review process to ensure their quality and contribution to the field of marketing. The journal’s editorial board consists of experts who evaluate submissions based on factors such as originality, theoretical contribution, methodological rigor, practical implications, and overall impact on marketing knowledge.
By publishing a diverse range of article types, IJRM aims to foster a comprehensive understanding of marketing theory and practice while promoting innovation, collaboration, and the advancement of knowledge in the field.
Are there any fees associated with submitting an article to International Journal of Research in Marketing?
The International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) follows a “no submission fee” policy. Authors are not required to pay any fees when submitting their articles for consideration. However, if a manuscript is accepted for publication, there may be publication fees or article processing charges associated with the production and dissemination of the final version. These fees vary depending on factors such as the length of the article, color figures, and supplementary materials. It is advisable to consult the journal’s website or contact the editorial office directly for specific information regarding publication fees.
Is there a specific format that needs to be followed when submitting an article to International Journal of Research in Marketing?
Yes, the International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) follows a specific format for article submissions. It is important to adhere to these guidelines to ensure that your submission meets the journal’s requirements. Here are some key points to consider:
- Manuscript Preparation: Prepare your manuscript according to the guidelines provided by IJRM. These guidelines typically include instructions on formatting, word count limitations, and referencing style. Ensure that your document is well-structured with clear headings and subheadings.
- Title and Abstract: Provide a concise and informative title that accurately represents the content of your research. The abstract should summarize the main objectives, methods, findings, and implications of your study in a clear and concise manner.
- Introduction: Start with an introduction that provides a brief overview of the research problem, its significance, and relevant literature. Clearly state the research objectives or hypotheses you aim to address.
- Literature Review: Present a comprehensive review of existing literature related to your research topic. This section should demonstrate your understanding of previous studies, identify gaps in knowledge, and establish the theoretical foundation for your research.
- Methodology: Describe in detail the research design, data collection methods, sample selection criteria, and any statistical techniques employed in your study. Ensure that you provide enough information for others to replicate your study if needed.
- Results: Present your findings using appropriate tables, graphs, or charts. Clearly state any statistical analyses performed and provide relevant details such as p-values or confidence intervals.
- Discussion: Interpret your results in light of the research objectives or hypotheses stated earlier. Discuss how your findings contribute to existing knowledge and highlight their implications for theory or practice.
- Conclusion: Summarize the main findings of your study concisely and discuss their broader implications for marketing theory or practice.
- References: Include a list of all cited references following a specific referencing style (e.g., APA, Harvard). Ensure that all references are accurate, complete, and consistent throughout the manuscript.
- Supplementary Materials: If applicable, provide any supplementary materials (e.g., data sets, questionnaires) that support your research and can be made available to readers upon publication.
It is crucial to carefully review the specific submission guidelines provided by IJRM before preparing your manuscript. Adhering to these guidelines will increase the chances of your article being considered for publication.
How often does the journal publish new issues and what is its publication frequency?
The International Journal of Research in Marketing (IJRM) follows a regular publication schedule to ensure a consistent flow of new research. Currently, IJRM publishes six issues per year, which means that new issues are released every two months. This publication frequency allows for timely dissemination of cutting-edge research findings and keeps the journal’s content fresh and up to date. By adhering to this regular schedule, IJRM ensures that researchers, practitioners, and policymakers have access to the latest advancements in marketing knowledge on a regular basis.
- Nurturing Health and Well-being: A Path to a Fulfilling Life
- Enhancing Living Conditions: Building a Better Quality of Life
- Unveiling the Dynamics: Exploring the Sociology of Education
- Empowering Educators: Unlocking Potential with an MA in Education
- Primary Education: Building the Cornerstone for Lifelong Learning
- active learn
- building construction
- community health
- consulting jobs
- content analysis
- department for education
- disruptive innovation
- early childhood education
- early learning
- education jobs
- educational psychologist
- environmental health
- get into teaching
- google research
- green construction
- healthy life
- industrial building
- innovate solutions
- interdisciplinary studies
- international marketing
- journal of international
- journal of marketing
- journal of marketing research
- marketing research
- master of education
- postgraduate courses
- primary education
- product innovation
- qualitative analysis
- qualitative research journal
- secondary education
- special education
- survey research
- times higher
- university times
- urban design